How to Trade in Your Car to Sour Lake Chevrolet
If you have plans to buy a new car, you have to get rid of your current one. While you could spend a lot of time and experience a lot of frustration selling it on your own, the simplest solution is to trade it in when you buy your new car at Sour Lake Chevrolet. We promise to make trading in your car a simple process that is worth your time with our finance team.
To make sure you know what to expect, here are a few tips on how to trade in your car.
Estimate its value
There are numerous online tools you can use to get a good idea of how much your car is worth. Kelley Blue Book is a popular choice along with the appraisal tool on Edmunds.com. These tools offer a realistic value for your car. Be sure you are honest with yourself about the condition of your car. This will make sure you get the most accurate estimate. Do not say your car is in “good” condition when it is really more like “fair.”
Also, keep in mind that online calculators cannot include every possible factor. They may not account for unique factors in your area like demographics, fluctuations in the market, and current gas prices.
Understand your car’s history
If you are not the vehicle’s first owner, make sure you are familiar with your car’s history before trading it in. Check the Vehicle History Report so you are well-informed of any accident history or issues with the title.
Clean your vehicle
A car that is filled with junk and covered in dirt is not a good look. Spend some time cleaning out your car and washing it. Wipe off all the dust and sticky fingerprints from the dashboard and controls and clean out any leftover residue in the cupholders. Finish it off with a thorough vacuuming. Make it look as good as you can. Don’t forget to remove all your personal items. A car that looks well-maintained will get a better trade-in offer than one that does not look cared for.
Make minor repairs
Do you have squeaky brakes or a broken headlight? These are minor repairs that you should take care of before trading in your vehicle. Major, more expensive repairs can be left. However, they will negatively impact your car’s trade-in value.
Bring necessary paperwork
When you trade in your car, there are a few documents you should bring with you.
- Title: If you own your car outright, bring the title. If you are still paying on it, you will need the loan information along with a payoff amount.
- Registration: If you want to transfer your license plates to your new car, you will need a copy of the vehicle registration.
- Service records: While this is optional, proving how well you have taken care of your car with its service records might make a difference in your trade-in offer.
Along with these official documents, you may need other documents if you plan on taking out a new loan.
- Driver’s license: You will need your driver’s license if you plan on taking a test drive of your new vehicle.
- Proof of income: Depending on your credit situation, you may need proof of income, such as an official pay stub.
- Proof of residency: A recent utility bill with your name and address is a good option for proof of residency.
- References: If you have credit trouble, you may need a list of references. This list should not include anyone living at your address.
If you’re ready to trade in your vehicle, bring it to Sour Lake Chevrolet in Sour Lake, Texas, for a great deal.